Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break

Spring Break what a blast. Washington DC and New York with 42 13-14 year old 8th graders and 12 adults. We left the red eye flight on a Saturday night from Portland Oregon to Chicigo then onto Washington DC Easter morning. We had Easter break at Hard Rock Cafe.
We saw so much and did so many things. Trying to remember everything.........Mt Vernon, The White House, Congress, Monuments, Memorials, Thomas Jefferson's Home, Michie's Taveran, changing of the guard. My favorite. I am sure I left something out and that was just DC. We also checked out U of V. What a beautiful college. I want to go back to school and go there.
We then went onto New York and TIME SQUARE. We road the ferry to Ellis Island, Statue of Liberity, ground zero, churchs, 5th ave (talk about some bling bling), The Today Show, (a couple of students were on tv).
We went to a broadway play. Momma Mia. Wonderfull!!!!!We had 5th row seats. It was great. The kids loved it. We even saw an off beat play, Shear Madness. It is a who done it play.
We ate alot of great food. Hotels were awsome. A whole queen bed to myself. I felt like I was at a spa. I wore a step meter and on an average we walked 7 miles a day. WOW! Now, if I could do that every day at home.
I was glad to be home, missed my boys and Brittani. I am ready though to go again.

No comments: