Sunday, February 22, 2009

Softball brings sunshine and smiles.

We are wrapping up winter sports here and spring sports are starting. That means softball. Yah. I love to watch Red play basketball but my favorite is softball. She plays short stop which is what her dad played. How fitting? Just by chance one year she got his number also.
She had a clinic with a college coach last weekend and got some good pointers. He felt she is ready for the Big V team. Both of the high school coaches also liked what they saw. I am really hoping she makes the varisity team. She needs it. She has been really down on herself during basketball. The coach is a horses ass. I am really hoping she will not be back next year. Last night, she was out of line and Curtis ended up calling her and talking with her. She sent Red a text about a practice that Red didn't know about. Red wanted to know when they were told about practice. She told Red "not to talk to her in that tone" Wow! Red came to me upset, I could not believe what she had said to her. The coach was totally out of line. It has been a long bumpy road in basketball. I am hoping for softball to be better. With softball, around the corner it also means the sun will be out and smiles.

No comments: