My step dad's dad died this morning. My step dad is my dad. He is more of a dad to me than my real dad. He has been my dad for 19 years. I am very proud to say he is my dad. Sure my real dad has been my dad longer but it takes more than sperm to be a parent. Sorry off topic and a little rant.
Mike got to visit and have a fun day with his dad on Wednesday. Friday he found out it would not be long. He had already made plans with Red. He would not change those plans because he wanted to remember the last fun day he had with his dad. He wanted to remember him the way he was. Mike is a very unselfish, caring, giving, and lovable person I know. I am proud to call him dad.
Dad I am sorry for your loss. Be strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment